Monday, October 3, 2011

Acorn Squash from the Garden

Our garden was abundant with acorn squash this year.

Fortunate for us our little guy likes this as well as we do.

Acorn Squash1

I used to prepare my squash (acorn, butternut, spaghetti…) by cutting in half and removing seeds.  Then I would place it in a glass dish face down with a little water and cook in the oven.

It changed my life once I read that you can cook any of these squash by piercing with a knife and baking them whole.

Acorn Squash2

Now, I line a cookie sheet with foil and bake all my squash at once whole!

Once they are done, I split them and scrap my seeds.

Our favorite way to enjoy acorn squash with our little guy is smooshed with butter and cinnamon.

Acorn Squash3

I can’t wait to make the next batch.  I think they will be halved and filled with maple granola and drizzled with honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some comments and appreciate your time in kindness in giving them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...