Handmade gifts…..I love them!
Personalized canvas art….oh so simple.
We have two grandparent birthdays right in the middle of the holidays season so we have to think of gifts for several occasions.
Our grandparents love handmade gifts.
Shhh, don’t tell them I shared…..but it is really sweet when grandpa or grandma gets a picture made just for them and the other gets jealous and puts a request in that they would love something like that.
We recently went to visit and little guy was able to take his first ride in the boat on the coast. Grandpa and Grandma love to fish and crab. So what better to give Grandpa than the memory of this little guy doing something so special with them.
How did I do it:
- Paint the canvas a solid complementary color.
- Print pictures. (I used a 8x10 and 4x6)
- Choose a scrapbook paper that works with your theme and rip the edges back to front. This will leave white edges around your paper.
- Ink edges of paper is desired.
- Mod Podge paper onto canvas and coat once on top.
- Mat pictures on cardstock and embellish.
This can easily be done in a day.
Allow each wet step 15-20 minutes to dry.
(I placed 8x10 flat and used foam adhesive to raise the 4x6. I found 3 coordinating fibers and stapled to each side of the picture tying a bow where they met on the front. “Precious memories” was a rub-on. I made two tags with some journaling and again adhered with foam adhesive to give dimension)
He is going to love it and I am sure Grandma will too!
Don’t forget little ones can help with many of these steps, and they will be so proud of what you create together.
I am linking up here, go by and check out all the fun!