Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pot of Gold Cupcakes

Pin It

In looking for a little something to give mom’s at our playgroup St. Patrick’s Day party, I decided a little sweetness would be perfect.

Pot of Gold Cupcake

Again, I love Pinterest for the inspiration.  I found some cute cupcakes out there.  Like…..

via:  A Little Nosh

Isn’t that a visual beauty?

Yeah, I thought so too!

Spinach in a cupcake?  My little non-vegetable picky eating 2 year-old will never….

Well, I was wrong.  He loves them.

Now admittedly I first tried her recipe, but it didn’t work for me here at altitude (Colorado) and was just a little too dense with a uncooked middle.

So then I decided to try her inspiration’s recipe.  You can find the recipe here at Green Lite Bites.

It is so easy a boxed cake mix, applesauce, and spinach.  Knowing that I can alter boxed mixes well enough for my altitude was a good bet.

So here you have it.

Pot of Gold Cupcake Mix

A whole 4 cups of raw baby spinach that tastes like applesauce!

Pot of Gold8

Now I have healthy, green, tasty, cupcakes.

Let’s make it cute!

A few rainbow candies from the dollar spot at Target.  A bag of Cinnamon-Bun Marshmallows and some vanilla frosting is all you need.

Pot of Gold Cupcake4

Pot of Gold Cupcake3

A little bag, shredded green packing and some ribbon and you have a cute little Pot of Gold sweetness to give.

Pot of Gold Cupcake2

I’m Sharing Here:

Skip to My Lou

Tip Junkie

Night Owl Crafting

House of Hepworths

Bear Rabbit Bear

Just a Little Creativity

Living Life Intentionally

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some comments and appreciate your time in kindness in giving them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...