Thursday, July 29, 2010

2010 Garden – Part I

Well, I can’t say that the garden started as a way to save money. We garden because we enjoy the satisfaction of watching something grow. I hope to share this with our little one in the years to come, but truthfully I don’t have to wait to have the pure excitement of a child. I still have it myself. I get so excited to see the fruits and vegetables and check the plants often yelling out to my husband, “You have to come see this. We have a ……” Well with the size of the garden and first yield of each plant that I am beginning to see, we are saving money this year also.

DSC03911

My husband just asked me tonight if I needed to open a vegetable stand this year :)

Tomatoes of many kinds. Big ones, little ones, round ones, pear shaped ones, red ones, and yellow ones.

DSC03917 DSC03918

Strawberries!!! Sweet, sweet, sweet!

DSC03915

And ohhhh so many cucumbers and zuchinnis…

DSC03914 DSC03913

For the first time this year we are growing beans!

DSC03912

Onions…

DSC03919

Broccoli, yeah!

DSC04065

Peppers, peppers, peppers of all types.

DSC03908

Big Jims, Anaheim, Red Bell Peppers, and Jalapenos….

DSC03909 DSC03923 DSC03922

*Not pictured, but honorably mentioned (to keep the garden gods happy and full of blessings for us) are pumpkin, spaghetti squash, apples, and plums.

One of the good things about the end of summer and beginning of fall will be our bounty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some comments and appreciate your time in kindness in giving them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...