This started as a hunt to find out what I could possibly do with all those zucchini?
I think I showed this before, but we had so many zucchini and some as big as little man.
So today we have pickled zucchini ribbons seasoning in the refrigerator!!!
Here is the recipe that I used from MarthaStewart.com and it can be found here.
1. Place a colander in a bowl.
2. Mix zucchini, onions, and salt well in colander.
3. Refrigerate mixture for 1 hour.
4. Combine cider, sugar, and spices in pot and bring to boil, simmer 5 minutes, and then cool for 30 minutes.
5. Rinse zucchini mixture well and pat dry with towel.
6. Mix zucchini mixture and cider mixture together in a bowl and then separate into airtight containers.
7. Refrigerate for 1 week and then enjoy for the next 3 weeks.
Well this is my first attempt at any kind of pickling. Not sure if it will be my favorite recipe or not as there are many out there, but I will let you know in a week when we are trying them out!
The countdown is on!