Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Simple Fall Projects - Part IV Another Wreath

OMG!!! I usually never use OMG, but I have been screaming at the computer. Have you ever seen something that you love and then it gets lost in blogland forever?

Yeah, I just spent the last hour trying to find something that I new I wanted to try the moment I saw it.

Look at this beautiful wreath.

Julie over at Less-Than-Perfect Life of Bliss made her.

Like I said, isn’t she beautiful? You can see how she made her here.

Well, here I go searching for a way to make this my own. I had dollar store garland. I had wire, ribbon, and spray paint. Ready, set, GO!

First I began making a wreath by winding my garland into a circle and securing each circular pass with wire.

Waalaa…I have a fall wreath. I knew from my inspiration above that I didn’t want to leave it like it was. I also know that although I love heirloom white, it doesn’t work well for me. ORB does though! What to do.

Well, ORB it is and here are my wreaths.

DSC04963

Yes it is ORB, but on the fabric leaves it appears more black in the picture. This lead me to the orange ribbon and a perfect wreath for Halloween.

I have two long windows in the family room that flank the fireplace. I thought the white wood blinds would make the perfect back drop for these wreaths.

DSC05017

The bow is hot glued on and the ribbon is tied on the back of the wreath and the curtain rod.

Never mind the poor or lack of window treatment at the top :(

That will be another day.

DSC04959

What do you think?

If you are looking for other great wreaths, check out this party:

For the LOVE of Wreaths Party at Domestically-Speaking

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Tracey! Glad you were able to find me again :)

    ReplyDelete

I love me some comments and appreciate your time in kindness in giving them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...