Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Can Healthy Be Quick? YES!

What is this….

065

Apples, apples, apples….

I love making sure my little guy eats healthy!  We are fortunate enough to know that he carries the gene for type I diabetes.  This does not mean that he will definitely get diabetes, but that his chances are a little higher than the average child without the gene.  So with diabetes running in our family, it is important that we try to foster good eating habits early. 

Disclaimer*** We try!  We are not perfect and give in to the occasional guilty pleasure to allow for memorable experiences.

So when my mother-in-law bought me the apple peeler/corer/slicer that I wanted for Christmas I was excited.   

Motherhood…the things I never got excited about before now have the potential to change my life???

072

Five apples, peeled, cored, and sliced in 5 mintues!

I love it!

I used to stand and do this by hand.  Never again.

Aren’t they beautiful?

079

A little butter and cinnamon goodness!

A whole lot of yum!

PS.. Can you believe that I saw one of these are the thrift store yesterday?  I hope someone snatched it up and changed their life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some comments and appreciate your time in kindness in giving them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...