Sunday, February 6, 2011

What’s for Super Bowl Sunday?

Antelope Nachos….

Yes, that is right antelope!

We have a freezer full of antelope and venison.

My husband hunts, but he didn’t put the meat in the freezer this year. 

{I did} Smile

That is for a different post, but I am an archery and rifle hunter and happy to live here in Colorado and have some of the best hunting so available to us.

So tonight for our Super Bowl diner we had tasty antelope sausage nachos.

Antelope Nachos

  • 1lb. sausage
  • tortilla chips
  • 1 can of refried beans
  • Velveeta cheese (small brick)
  • shredded cheddar cheese
  • shredded mozzarella cheese
  • sliced olives
  • jalapeno peppers

Brown sausage.  Melt Velveeta cheese in microwave safe bowl for approximately 2 minutes stirring as needed until melted.  Warm refried beans in a small sauce pan. 

To build your nachos:

  1. Spread tortillas in the bottom of dish. {We used chips from Qdoba, because I love their mild fresh salty lime flavor.}
  2. Spoon the refried beans over tortillas.
  3. Sprinkle sausage over entire dish.
  4. Pour Velveeta cheese on next.
  5. Sprinkle shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese, sliced olives, and jalapeno peppers.
  6. Place in 325 degree oven for approximately 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
  7. ENJOY!  Yummy, yummy, yummy……

FYI – The antelope sausage is not “gamey” tasting and as a general rule wild game is usually a leaner meat!

Hope you had a great evening with family and friends. 

I’m partying, come check it out:

Tatertots and Jello


1 comment:

  1. I have never tried antelope, but your nachos sound yummy! My husband loves velveeta. I'm following you from the Tatertots and Jello linky party.

    ReplyDelete

I love me some comments and appreciate your time in kindness in giving them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...