Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine Day

Our Valentine Day has been full of baking, crafts, and special memories!

First I made cake balls for my husband to take to work.

I have seen a variety of these, but decided to use Jen's at Scissors & Spatulas for my inspiration.  I just changed up the combination of flavors.  There are so many possibilities.

cake balls4

{I didn’t think he was going to go for it when he saw me decorating with hearts, but once he tried them he was great with taking them and sharing them with his co-workers.}

First make a sheet cake and let it cool completely.  Next, crumble the entire cake in a large bowl.

cake balls1

Mix in an entire container of frosting.

cake balls2

Use some type of utensil such as a coffee scoop or melon scoop to make uniform sized balls.

cake balls3

Next dip in chocolate, place on wax paper,  and decorate!

cake balls5 

After the cake balls were ready to go….we began making our valentines!

I completely stole this idea from Kierste at Brown Paper Packages

thumb1

Give it your own style with some cute paper.

thumb2

And my valentine for my hubby…

love1

Some cute paper, ribbon, and a hole puncher is all you need.

love2

Print your pages using a word document or similar program.

love3

Cut the bottom of the pages with decorative scissors to appear ripped.

love4

What’s for dinner?

We did a nice day out over the weekend, so tonight I decided that we would have the family favorite.

chick-fil-a

And finally….. some loving moments with the little guy today. 

valentine2

Some play time….

Valentine3

Some sweets….

valentine4

“I am going to figure the whole puncher out”

valentine1

Such a special Valentine’s Day to be able to share with our 15 month old son!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some comments and appreciate your time in kindness in giving them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...